Saturday, May 7, 2011

Counting Down

___________________________
[E-mail]
Hi, Annika!

BUSY writing out all the details of airplane/metro/train and hotel info, so just a quick hello to say we leave tomorrow, Sunday, morning (it's 11 pm now)!

We will e-mail you along the way and are looking forward to seeing you (!!!) on June 19th. Amazing.

Oh--I got my hair cut for the trip. Here are some pix of bink and me in downtown Mpls. (reflected in a mirrored wall), the other day.

Funny little thing---Lucinda (bink) and I were putting our gym membership on hold the other day. I pulled out my little mesh wallet I carry ID in, and Lucinda asked if I was taking it to Spain. I said maybe, but I was also thinking of taking the lightweight little Star Trek wallet, with Kirk and Spock on it, which my friend Annette gave me for my birthday.

The chic young woman who was helping us surprised me by saying, "Oh, definitely take the Star Trek wallet!"

So, I am. I am always willing to listen to the advice of strangers. (Especially when it matches what I secretly want anyway.)

'Bye!

Love,
Francesca

No comments: