Monday, August 23, 2010

Blogging Goodness Sidebar

I finally added a Blog List that shows most-recent-posts, as you can see to the right here. I like seeing them on other blogs.

It's super easy.
Here's how:

1. Click on "Design", way up top on your blog page, to the right of "New Post".

2. A mock-up of your blog page will show up. Click on "Add a Gadget" to the right.

3. Click "Blog List" from the many options of doo-hickeys you can clutter your blog with.

4. Click "Add a blog to my list". One of the options is to add all the blogs you follow, which I did.
You can also choose just to show 5, or 10, etc.

Et, voilà.
So many handy-dandy litttle tricks out there. But I don't know how to add the accent to the "a" in "voilà" except by copying and pasting. Do you?
"The "option" key gives me a little Swedish circle, like so: "å"
I don't even know its name.

P.S. I have not cluttered up my sidebar with blog awards because, in the almost-three-years I have been blogging, no one has ever given me one. *small sigh of self-pity*

4 comments:

patricia said...

I think it´s a good idea that of showing the recent posts, a good way of sharing too because I can easily know more blogs which sureley will interest me as I follow you ´cause I feel a certain "near-ness" to the way you think & express yourself. I couldn´t do that myself though I tried once because some posts didn´t appear in my bar and that was not fair but didn´t discover the reason. Have a nice weekend!

Fresca said...

Thanks, aleph. I'll see how it goes... I hope everyone's posts show up.

rr said...

I wish immediately to present you with an award. I shall manufacture a thingy for the sidebar.

rr said...

Oh, and by the way, on a mac keyboard you to get a grave accent you hold down the twiddly apple key and then hit the key slightly above and to the right (which has a grave-looking thing on lower case thus: ` and a tilde on upper case thus: ~) and then you'll find you've generated a grave accent with the cursor underneath it so whichever letter you press next will be surmounted by gravity.

But maybe you don't want to know all that until your laptop dries out.

There's more about keyboard accents here.