Monday, June 15, 2009

365 - 29: The Flies

Yesterday in the sun with bink (in hat), the other half of Fly on the Wall Productions, which will resume operations soon: I am almost done with Slovakia!


I really look forward to doing some freewriting soon too. I've loved putting together quickie posts about movies, and this past week it's been fun to do some 365 self-portraits again, but there've been lots of times recently when I've badly wanted to write out ideas more personal and more difficult to get at; and I knew that would occupy my brain all day, so I didn't.

Btw, it's not that I've been working hard all this time.
No. Some part of me has spent weeks with its heels dug in, refusing to move forward except in sudden lurches, and then balking again.
To put a Buddhist-y perspective on it, I can say it's given me the opportunity to look closely, with loving curiosity, at the mulish quality of resistance. I have a lot of it, and it baffles me. Why will I stay up until the middle of the night making Star Trek vids but balk for days at putting together a paragraph on Slovak film?

Well, that's what I'm going to do right now: Slovak film. Because as they say in Slovakia:
No work, no cake.

2 comments:

momo said...

"No work, no cake" does that mean if I work I get cake? good idea!

Fresca said...

Well, that's what I'm telling myself!