Saturday, February 14, 2009

The Kiss of the Gorn

I knew it!
I knew it!

Titled "Gornin'," this is by Douglas Fraser, from The Shatner Show, a book of the 2007 exhibit of 76 Shatner-inspired pieces of art at Uppercase Gallery, in Calgary, Canada.
You can order the book for $36 CAD ($29 US), which includes shipping. I just did. A little early birthday present to myself.

Uppercast also hosts The Captain's Blog, with all sorts of goodies, from a youTube of Bill eating pudding to an interview with the artist who "sculpted" Shatner's head in Legos.

With his inimitable swagger, Shatner declares:
"We were basically one and the same, although Jim [Kirk] was just about perfect, and, of course, I am perfect."
And don't you just know he tastes good too.
I'm sure the Gorn would agree.

Oh, yeah, Happy Valentine's Day!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the Gorn...but not as much as Kirk appears to!

T'Keid said...

Would love to see a similar print with Ruk.

<3 Happy Valentines Day, fresca, and happy upcoming birthday.

Jennifer said...

*falls over* Awesome. And Shatner's quote is as perfect as he is. :D

Fresca said...

Heh, heh, heh... I'm glad this amuses.

T'Keid: Ruk! Ha, ha, ha! It would have to include the pink styrofoam stalactite, eh? or was it a stalagmite? I can never remember.

Anonymous said...

hmmm... the love that dare not hiss its name....