Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Too Tough to Die

Embedding this video has been disabled on youTube, but watch this: the Ramones' "I Wanna Be Sedated" sung by the Young @ Heart chorus, whose average member's age is over 80.
It's everything punk should be: beautiful raw truth. Scary. Oh yeah, and funny.

It's from the documentary film Young @ Heart (2008), which follows the group as they prepare for a concert, despite the death of two of their members.
The movie is a bit sentimental, but this video, refreshingly, is not.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

TOO SCARY FOR WORDS!!! [it might be refreshing at 47. . .but, reverse those numbers and then please somebody, give me Dr. Kavorkian's telephone number!!!!]

momo said...

Need a good cry? click on their version of neil young's Forever Young:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XLHRs4GsffI&feature=related

Anonymous said...

I love this group. They have a lot of fun. I want to be a punk when I'm 80.

Fresca said...

It's not that being old or ill is refreshing, of course, it's the *honesty* I find refreshing.
If I'm going to live long enough to be old and ill, sign me up with Bink's Punk Nursing Home!

Momo--thanks for the link to "Forever Young"-- wasn't it great when they sang it to the guys in jail?
I also got pretty weepy over their version of Coldplay's "Fix You". There is a place for honest sentiment, for sure.