Friday, April 25, 2008

Where I'm Working: Outside, Inside

Once again, I am housesitting. Barrett's cats Henry and Carrington this time, while she visits her daughter in Tucson. Barrett's apartment is a hobbit-hole, tucked into the hill across from the Mississippi River.
And in the other direction--a coffee shop with wi-fi! So I am all set for a long weekend.

Left is the view from the coffee shop's big glass windows. The sculpture "P.S. Wish You Were Here" (2004) is by Andrea Myklebust and Stanton Sears.
I ran outside in the rain to read the plaque so I could tell you this. Which shows that blogging isn't necessarily a barrier to experience (one of the concerns people express about blogging) but can be a push out into it.

I'm happy it's raining because
1) it's not snow!
2) it feels like spring, and
3) I get to use my new Rousseau's monkey jungle umbrella, pictured below.

No comments: